You know a lot of apps, but do you know the difference between an app and a platform? In business, a platform is a software as a service (SaaS) that allows for multiple applications to be developed on top of it. A startup company with an existing user base can easily build out new functionalities in order to provide useful services or capture more market share.
What is SaaS?
Software as a Service (Saas) is a type of web application where access to software is provided online by means of a rental or subscription model and can be accessed from any device connected to the internet.
What are the benefits of SaaS to a business?
1. Outsource the task of maintaining the technology required to run your business.
2. Cloud-based systems usually have a scalable and flexible pricing structure, allowing you to grow when you need to.
3. Access anywhere from any device with internet connection making it possible for users to work from home or out of town. Employees can create or update documents or reports while on the road, boosting your productivity and efficiency.
4. Reduce expenses since there is no expensive hardware or software needed to run your business on this platform as it’s all online and accessible through the cloud.
5. It is also beneficial for remote workers as they can create their own documents and reports on the go or from anywhere, be it in transit or out of town.
6. Possible to enhance your customer’s experience since it is flexible enough to meet business needs that may not have been possible with traditional desktop software.
7. SaaS platform allows you to take advantage of social media tools like search engine optimization (SEO) and social media marketing (SMM) to popularize your brand on popular platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
8. Integrating a SaaS system into a business allows for faster growth especially if you are a startup company or do not have significant capital yet in your venture capital investment fund.
Today we’re going to highlight 11 platforms that are popular with entrepreneurs and start-ups in Addorrar. Let’s get started!
1. AngelList: A network connecting investors with startups who need funding and advice
2. ProductHunt: The social discovery platform for new products, app launches, tech events & breaking news
3. Clarity: The only automated call clarity and Quality of Experience (QoE) monitoring solution
4. GrooveHQ: Employee engagement platform helping companies improve employee happiness and performance
5. StartEngine: A crowdfunding platform that allows entrepreneurs to raise capital by issuing investment offers and selling stock in their company
6. MatterMark: Search engine & analytics for startups, investors, & journalists
7. New Story: Solving the global housing crisis by building homes, communities and hope
8. Gust: Crowdfunding marketplace for small businesses looking to connect with investors
9. Evolend Health: Healthcare technology with a mission to simplify business processes while improving patient care outcomes
10. LaunchHero: Helping startups to accelerate their product launch and grow their community
11. ShareRing: Helping blockchain-based applications to collaborate, be transparent & secure by sharing data & assets